James 3 (along with Matthew 5:9 and 12:33-37) show us the greatness of the tongue. It is a spark that can set a forest on fire. Some people enjoy setting fires (pyromaniacs). Some people are not consistent — bearing olives and figs at the same time, blessing God and setting fires with the same mouth. And yet others will see a harvest of righteousness from their words that will give them assurance of faith. If we could just get the tongue under control, we could exercise self-control over the whole body. But what is impossible for us is possible for God.
- The Young Virgin Mary (Genesis 18:1-15, Isaiah 7:10-25, Luke 1:26-38) December 10, 2017
- Expectant Elderly Elizabeth (Exodus 2:1-10, Malachi 4:5-6, Luke 1:5-25) December 3, 2017
- The Teaching King (Deuteronomy 17:14-20, Joshua 1:1-9, Matt 28:16-20) November 26, 2017
- You Never Saw Anything Like This (Mark 2:1-12): The Prophet and the Paralytic November 19, 2017
- Demonic: When the Storm is More Than a Storm (Mark 4:35-41) November 12, 2017