James 3 (along with Matthew 5:9 and 12:33-37) show us the greatness of the tongue. It is a spark that can set a forest on fire. Some people enjoy setting fires (pyromaniacs). Some people are not consistent — bearing olives and figs at the same time, blessing God and setting fires with the same mouth. And yet others will see a harvest of righteousness from their words that will give them assurance of faith. If we could just get the tongue under control, we could exercise self-control over the whole body. But what is impossible for us is possible for God.
- The Verdict: Not Guilty (Luke 23:1-25) March 18, 2018
- Sunshine Laws & the Testimony of Christ (Luke 22:66-71) March 11, 2018
- Kingdom Politics (Luke 20:20-26) March 4, 2018
- Surely Not!?!!?! (Luke 20:9-19) February 25, 2018
- A Fish Story & The Cross (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 18, 2018