Ruth 4 shows us what is in a name, a Scripture allusion, and a genealogy. For us the answer to all of these questions is Christ. A name is to be remembered — remembered is resurrection language — in other words, it is only important for us to be remembered by God in Christ Jesus. A Scripture allusion points us to God’s story, which is the story of Jesus. And our genealogy to memorize is quite simple — God the Father is our Father, Jesus is our elder brother, and we who are in Christ are brothers and sisters in Him. Do you know if your name is in the book of life? Are the stories of Scripture your story? Are you a part of the family?
- Post-Pentecost: What Shall We Do Now? May 20, 2018
- Who Is My Mother? (Matt 10:34-39, 12:46-50, 1 Tim 5:1f) May 13, 2018
- Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven? (2 Kings 2, Acts 1:1-11) May 6, 2018
- The Gospel of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) April 29, 2018
- Truly Open-Minded April 22, 2018