Isaiah 7:10-17 and Luke 2:1-7 are the inspiration for these thoughts entitled “Do Not Disturb.” In the former, Ahaz wickedly says that God has a Do Not Disturb policy. In the latter, we see that the Bethlehem Inn had no vacancy. This is part of a larger pattern of Christ’s rejection by His people. People often declare to God “Do Not Disturb” there is “No Vacancy” through attempts to obstruct His plans, a failure to seek Him, and a failure to repent and lead others to repent. May God disturb us.
- Stopping the Plague (Numbers 16:41-17:11) October 21, 2018
- The Southside Rebellion (Numbers 16:1-40) October 14, 2018
- Gathering Sticks: The Law Brings Wrath (Numbers 15) October 7, 2018
- The Faithful Minority Report (Numbers 13-14) September 30, 2018
- Grumbling out of Envy (Numbers 12) September 23, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed