Ruth 2 introduces Boaz who makes Ruth feel lucky. She was lucky to come to his part of the field because he did not make excuses to turn a blind eye but saw her and had compassion upon her. She was lucky to come to his part of the field because he not only satisfied the letter of the law, narrowly interpreted, but went far above and beyond that. Actually there is no such thing as luck, it was the providence of God that brought her to the worshiping congregation where she could feel lucky, whereas in another field she might have been assaulted.
- Post-Pentecost: What Shall We Do Now? May 20, 2018
- Who Is My Mother? (Matt 10:34-39, 12:46-50, 1 Tim 5:1f) May 13, 2018
- Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven? (2 Kings 2, Acts 1:1-11) May 6, 2018
- The Gospel of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) April 29, 2018
- Truly Open-Minded April 22, 2018