Mark 15:21-39 shows us the transformation of the centurion because of the witness of Christ on the cross. Jesus is our champion who has fought the battle in our place on the cross. Jesus was taunted in many ways, but our champion endured it. He has given us a method by His example of what we should do in the face of such resistance. The second thing that our champion endured in this text for us was His death itself. Normally nothing good could come from the death of your champion, but Jesus saved more with His death than He did in His life. And something good that His death accomplished was the tearing of the curtain of the temple from top to bottom so that we have access to God through His temple-body.
- Post-Pentecost: What Shall We Do Now? May 20, 2018
- Who Is My Mother? (Matt 10:34-39, 12:46-50, 1 Tim 5:1f) May 13, 2018
- Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven? (2 Kings 2, Acts 1:1-11) May 6, 2018
- The Gospel of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) April 29, 2018
- Truly Open-Minded April 22, 2018