Isaiah 62 is a very encouraging passage, especially for us who live after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the giving of the Spirit. It tells us that we are precious and beautiful to God and that the world will also recognize that we are precious and beautiful. It tells us that “as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.” The Lord has shown you favor and you are His treasured possession. He cherishes you as a husband should cherish his wife. Indeed this thought as well as other images in the passage are helpful for men to see how they can imitate Christ in their lives as husbands and fathers. But the main point is that if you feel unimportant, unliked or even worthless, God rejoices over one sinner who repents and the church is the people where you can feel welcomed, loved and priceless.
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (Luke 2:41-52) January 13, 2019
- What Makes Wise Men & Women Wise? (Matthew 2:1-12) January 6, 2019
- The Gospel Announced by Angels December 30, 2018
- The Fourth Oracle: A Star from Jacob (Numbers 24:14-25) December 23, 2018
- The Third Expensive Oracle (Numbers 23:27-24:13) December 16, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed