Psalm 131 is brief and yet profound. We come to the text knowing that there are overwhelming crises in each of our lives and David shows us what he learned to do in response to such crises. And he certainly had more than his share of such things. It is common for us to respond to the big tragedies by asking heavy questions — questions of “what if?” and “why?” David initially did the same. But the king shows us a different way and one that is much more helpful in this Psalm.
- Stopping the Plague (Numbers 16:41-17:11) October 21, 2018
- The Southside Rebellion (Numbers 16:1-40) October 14, 2018
- Gathering Sticks: The Law Brings Wrath (Numbers 15) October 7, 2018
- The Faithful Minority Report (Numbers 13-14) September 30, 2018
- Grumbling out of Envy (Numbers 12) September 23, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed