Ephesians 2:1-10 and Deuteronomy 7:1-8 both show the theme of election in Christ for good works. Deuteronomy points to the final judgment ahead of time. Thus the message began with a model sharing the law to drive people to Christ because we all need to be ready to jump at the final judgment. This is one way we can find those that God loves but are not yet a part of the church. Indeed spreading the good news is a natural reaction to Paul’s words reminding us of the way things were, moving us with the riches of God’s mercy and grace, and sending us to do good works that God prepared beforehand for us.
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (Luke 2:41-52) January 13, 2019
- What Makes Wise Men & Women Wise? (Matthew 2:1-12) January 6, 2019
- The Gospel Announced by Angels December 30, 2018
- The Fourth Oracle: A Star from Jacob (Numbers 24:14-25) December 23, 2018
- The Third Expensive Oracle (Numbers 23:27-24:13) December 16, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed