Ephesians 2:11-22 interprets many of the common passages we hear around Christmas and Easter in the light of Christ. The point is that Jesus is our peace, that He has made peace between us and God (and thus also made peace between Jews and Gentiles), and that He published peace through the apostles. We looked first at the Gentile Christians and then at the Jewish Christians and then saw that Paul’s point was there is one new man. In fact, we are not Christians separately but only together. Likewise, we are not members of the youth group first or members of this organization or that committee, we are not young or old first, we are not adult converts or children of the covenant first: we are Christians first.
- Race for the Cure (Hebrews 12:1-13) March 3, 2019
- A Burial Ground (Genesis 23) February 17, 2019
- Child Sacrifice & The Sacrifice of Isaac (Genesis 22) February 10, 2019
- Fallen and Can’t Get Up? (Romans 11:11-36) February 3, 2019
- Aren’t They Awful? (Romans 1:18-32) January 27, 2019