Ephesians 2:11-22 interprets many of the common passages we hear around Christmas and Easter in the light of Christ. The point is that Jesus is our peace, that He has made peace between us and God (and thus also made peace between Jews and Gentiles), and that He published peace through the apostles. We looked first at the Gentile Christians and then at the Jewish Christians and then saw that Paul’s point was there is one new man. In fact, we are not Christians separately but only together. Likewise, we are not members of the youth group first or members of this organization or that committee, we are not young or old first, we are not adult converts or children of the covenant first: we are Christians first.
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (Luke 2:41-52) January 13, 2019
- What Makes Wise Men & Women Wise? (Matthew 2:1-12) January 6, 2019
- The Gospel Announced by Angels December 30, 2018
- The Fourth Oracle: A Star from Jacob (Numbers 24:14-25) December 23, 2018
- The Third Expensive Oracle (Numbers 23:27-24:13) December 16, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed