Matthew 27:32-54 shows us the third temptation again but now on the lips of the seed of Satan: “If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” It was a temptation of “save yourself.” We too are often tempted to try to save ourselves rather than to depend on the salvation Christ accomplished. The Judas method was to try to fix it himself by offering his own blood for atonement. The Pilate method was to wash his hands of it and pass the blame onto others. Neither way works. Your blood, sweat and tears cannot save you. You cannot save yourself or ignore your sins and thereby make everything ok. Depend on God for grace and salvation.
- Forgive Us Our Transgressions & Unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:5-31) July 15, 2018
- An Unclean People (Numbers 5:1-4) July 8, 2018
- Out of Touch (Numbers 4) July 1, 2018
- The Gospel of Aaron & Moses (Numbers 3) June 24, 2018
- Real Men Act Like Men in Christ (1 Cor 16:13, Eph 6:1-4, Heb 12:3-13) June 17, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed