Luke 1:5-25 tells us about the coming conception and birth of the other miracle baby — John the Baptist. The story opens telling us that Elizabeth, a righteous woman, was barren and it ends with her pregnant. Her son would be the new Moses, the new Elijah, who came to prepare the way for Jesus the Christ Himself. Her son was an answer to prayer and the cause of rejoicing for many. The telling of these things is the beginning of the good news in the gospel of Luke. And we are not to be mute like Zechariah was because of his unbelief. We are to share the good news about these little babies — even the good news about John the Baptist who as an unborn child would even then point people to Jesus. This is why these events matter to us even today — they point us to Jesus.
- Stopping the Plague (Numbers 16:41-17:11) October 21, 2018
- The Southside Rebellion (Numbers 16:1-40) October 14, 2018
- Gathering Sticks: The Law Brings Wrath (Numbers 15) October 7, 2018
- The Faithful Minority Report (Numbers 13-14) September 30, 2018
- Grumbling out of Envy (Numbers 12) September 23, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed