God says, “This is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.” We do not respect God’s word when our sacrifices and offerings are evil because they are done when our hearts are far from God. We respect God’s word when we listen to it and obey it, when God calls to us and we answer. Jesus is coming and the new Jerusalem will appear suddenly. This is good news for those who are humble and poor in spirit, those who are contrite, those who tremble at the word of God. Are you trembling at His word or are you more concerned about what other people might think?
- Post-Pentecost: What Shall We Do Now? May 20, 2018
- Who Is My Mother? (Matt 10:34-39, 12:46-50, 1 Tim 5:1f) May 13, 2018
- Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven? (2 Kings 2, Acts 1:1-11) May 6, 2018
- The Gospel of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) April 29, 2018
- Truly Open-Minded April 22, 2018