God says, “This is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.” We do not respect God’s word when our sacrifices and offerings are evil because they are done when our hearts are far from God. We respect God’s word when we listen to it and obey it, when God calls to us and we answer. Jesus is coming and the new Jerusalem will appear suddenly. This is good news for those who are humble and poor in spirit, those who are contrite, those who tremble at the word of God. Are you trembling at His word or are you more concerned about what other people might think?
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (Luke 2:41-52) January 13, 2019
- What Makes Wise Men & Women Wise? (Matthew 2:1-12) January 6, 2019
- The Gospel Announced by Angels December 30, 2018
- The Fourth Oracle: A Star from Jacob (Numbers 24:14-25) December 23, 2018
- The Third Expensive Oracle (Numbers 23:27-24:13) December 16, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed