James 1 (like selections from Matthew 7) tells us that believers should ask God for wisdom, believers should hear and do the word of God, and that not all who claim faith have it. James, in particular, tells us that we can deceive ourselves concerning God’s character and promises (especially under trial when we might accuse God of tempting us), by hearing and not doing the word, and with worthless religion rather than religion that is pure and undefiled before God (i.e. visiting orphans and widows). May these warnings encourage your growth in the grace of God.
- Forgive Us Our Transgressions & Unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:5-31) July 15, 2018
- An Unclean People (Numbers 5:1-4) July 8, 2018
- Out of Touch (Numbers 4) July 1, 2018
- The Gospel of Aaron & Moses (Numbers 3) June 24, 2018
- Real Men Act Like Men in Christ (1 Cor 16:13, Eph 6:1-4, Heb 12:3-13) June 17, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed