Exodus 12:24-27, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, and Matthew 28:18-20 are the inspiration for these short comments on the nature of teaching by q and a (catechism). The q&a I suggest for the Lord’s Supper is: “Q. What do you mean by this service? A. It is the Lord’s Supper. We proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes as often as we eat this bread and drink the cup in remembrance of Him.” This answer does not address what all God does in and through this sacrament (which is not the question posed), just that we are proclaiming our faith in this Jesus by participating in this meal.
- Forgive Us Our Transgressions & Unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:5-31) July 15, 2018
- An Unclean People (Numbers 5:1-4) July 8, 2018
- Out of Touch (Numbers 4) July 1, 2018
- The Gospel of Aaron & Moses (Numbers 3) June 24, 2018
- Real Men Act Like Men in Christ (1 Cor 16:13, Eph 6:1-4, Heb 12:3-13) June 17, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed