Luke 22:66-71 may seem like a short passage but it is in dialogue with Luke 20:41-44 and Luke 22:53 and the surrounding context of those verses. A power struggle between the religious leaders of Israel and Jesus comes to a head with the trial of Jesus. And it is during that trial that we see who is victorious. The trial took place “when day came,” a phrase significant not only because the religious leaders of Israel maintained the charade of a public trial but because Jesus has always won in the light of day and we will see if that continues to be the case during this trial. I’m afraid that if I say too much more that I will give it all away, so be sure to listen.
- The Southside Rebellion (Numbers 16:1-40) October 14, 2018
- Gathering Sticks: The Law Brings Wrath (Numbers 15) October 7, 2018
- The Faithful Minority Report (Numbers 13-14) September 30, 2018
- Grumbling out of Envy (Numbers 12) September 23, 2018
- Grumbling & Gratitude (Numbers 11) September 16, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed