Ecclesiastes 2:17-26 and Romans 8:18-25 show us that we are right to think that life is frustrating, meaningless, purposeless, pointless, or vanity — a striving after wind. At least, we are right when looking at things “under the sun” rather than “in the Son.” This message points people in transition (like the graduates we are rejoicing with today). We go about gathering things (possessions and proverbs, things and knowledge) but death forces us to pass those things to others. The way Jesus transforms this gives purpose to all that we do. Thanks be to God.
- Stopping the Plague (Numbers 16:41-17:11) October 21, 2018
- The Southside Rebellion (Numbers 16:1-40) October 14, 2018
- Gathering Sticks: The Law Brings Wrath (Numbers 15) October 7, 2018
- The Faithful Minority Report (Numbers 13-14) September 30, 2018
- Grumbling out of Envy (Numbers 12) September 23, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed