Ecclesiastes 2:17-26 and Romans 8:18-25 show us that we are right to think that life is frustrating, meaningless, purposeless, pointless, or vanity — a striving after wind. At least, we are right when looking at things “under the sun” rather than “in the Son.” This message points people in transition (like the graduates we are rejoicing with today). We go about gathering things (possessions and proverbs, things and knowledge) but death forces us to pass those things to others. The way Jesus transforms this gives purpose to all that we do. Thanks be to God.
- Post-Pentecost: What Shall We Do Now? May 20, 2018
- Who Is My Mother? (Matt 10:34-39, 12:46-50, 1 Tim 5:1f) May 13, 2018
- Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven? (2 Kings 2, Acts 1:1-11) May 6, 2018
- The Gospel of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) April 29, 2018
- Truly Open-Minded April 22, 2018