Joshua 24:1-28 again challenges and encourages the people of God to follow the LORD God in wholeness (with all of your heart and soul, or in spirit, or in Spirit) and in truth. The most quoted passage in Joshua, “Choose this day whom you will serve…But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (24:15) is not directed to people out there (evangelism) but to the people of God. The passage reminds us on this side of the cross of God’s story that is our story in Christ and that we are able to serve the LORD wholeheartedly because we have the Holy Spirit He poured out on Pentecost. Able to choose not to sin because of the Spirit, Christians live a lifestyle of putting off idols of the heart. The challenge of the message is to identify and attack your idols one by one. May you grow in grace as you hear the proclamation of the word. Amen.
- Forgive Us Our Transgressions & Unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:5-31) July 15, 2018
- An Unclean People (Numbers 5:1-4) July 8, 2018
- Out of Touch (Numbers 4) July 1, 2018
- The Gospel of Aaron & Moses (Numbers 3) June 24, 2018
- Real Men Act Like Men in Christ (1 Cor 16:13, Eph 6:1-4, Heb 12:3-13) June 17, 2018
RevMarple Twitter Feed