Isaiah 62 is a very encouraging passage, especially for us who live after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the giving of the Spirit. It tells us that we are precious and beautiful to God and that the world will also recognize that we are precious and beautiful. It tells us that “as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.” The Lord has shown you favor and you are His treasured possession. He cherishes you as a husband should cherish his wife. Indeed this thought as well as other images in the passage are helpful for men to see how they can imitate Christ in their lives as husbands and fathers. But the main point is that if you feel unimportant, unliked or even worthless, God rejoices over one sinner who repents and the church is the people where you can feel welcomed, loved and priceless.
- Demonic: When the Storm is More Than a Storm (Mark 4:35-41) November 12, 2017
- Miracle Delayed (Mark 6:30-44) November 5, 2017
- Reasons for Rejoicing & Thanksgiving (Luke 10:17-24) October 29, 2017
- Receive & Believe (John 4:43-54) October 22, 2017
- We Have Found the Messiah (Gen 28:10-22, John 1:35-51, Rev 19:11-16) October 15, 2017