There is just something about music. Unlike speaking, singing engages the whole person–your heart, mind, will, body, and everything else–can be engaged in the praise of God. This is one reason that it can and should be so difficult to shut off completely. Everyone knows that singing aids in memorization and stays in the imagination but it can even stay in your bodies. James K.A. Smith calls this implanting in your bodies a bodily memory. Thus you might find yourself caught off guard sining or humming or tapping your foot to a tune later. God made us this way. And you know that He thinks singing is an important part of shaping a new people because it is the first thing we read about after the Exodus Event. Indeed, this song suggests some very important and maybe even surprising reasons you have to sing praise to the Triune God.
- The Verdict: Not Guilty (Luke 23:1-25) March 18, 2018
- Sunshine Laws & the Testimony of Christ (Luke 22:66-71) March 11, 2018
- Kingdom Politics (Luke 20:20-26) March 4, 2018
- Surely Not!?!!?! (Luke 20:9-19) February 25, 2018
- A Fish Story & The Cross (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 18, 2018