James 2 (also read Matthew 5:7 and 5:17-20) is fairly difficult to apply in a Presbyterian church. After all, most Presbyterians assume that the seats in the back pew are the seats of honor. In any case, this message encourages sharing the gospel with the poor in word and deed as signs of genuine faith. The two major themes are partiality and works.
- The Young Virgin Mary (Genesis 18:1-15, Isaiah 7:10-25, Luke 1:26-38) December 10, 2017
- Expectant Elderly Elizabeth (Exodus 2:1-10, Malachi 4:5-6, Luke 1:5-25) December 3, 2017
- The Teaching King (Deuteronomy 17:14-20, Joshua 1:1-9, Matt 28:16-20) November 26, 2017
- You Never Saw Anything Like This (Mark 2:1-12): The Prophet and the Paralytic November 19, 2017
- Demonic: When the Storm is More Than a Storm (Mark 4:35-41) November 12, 2017