James 1 (like selections from Matthew 7) tells us that believers should ask God for wisdom, believers should hear and do the word of God, and that not all who claim faith have it. James, in particular, tells us that we can deceive ourselves concerning God’s character and promises (especially under trial when we might accuse God of tempting us), by hearing and not doing the word, and with worthless religion rather than religion that is pure and undefiled before God (i.e. visiting orphans and widows). May these warnings encourage your growth in the grace of God.
- The Verdict: Not Guilty (Luke 23:1-25) March 18, 2018
- Sunshine Laws & the Testimony of Christ (Luke 22:66-71) March 11, 2018
- Kingdom Politics (Luke 20:20-26) March 4, 2018
- Surely Not!?!!?! (Luke 20:9-19) February 25, 2018
- A Fish Story & The Cross (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 18, 2018