James 1 (like selections from Matthew 7) tells us that believers should ask God for wisdom, believers should hear and do the word of God, and that not all who claim faith have it. James, in particular, tells us that we can deceive ourselves concerning God’s character and promises (especially under trial when we might accuse God of tempting us), by hearing and not doing the word, and with worthless religion rather than religion that is pure and undefiled before God (i.e. visiting orphans and widows). May these warnings encourage your growth in the grace of God.
- The Young Virgin Mary (Genesis 18:1-15, Isaiah 7:10-25, Luke 1:26-38) December 10, 2017
- Expectant Elderly Elizabeth (Exodus 2:1-10, Malachi 4:5-6, Luke 1:5-25) December 3, 2017
- The Teaching King (Deuteronomy 17:14-20, Joshua 1:1-9, Matt 28:16-20) November 26, 2017
- You Never Saw Anything Like This (Mark 2:1-12): The Prophet and the Paralytic November 19, 2017
- Demonic: When the Storm is More Than a Storm (Mark 4:35-41) November 12, 2017