Exodus 12:24-27, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, and Matthew 28:18-20 are the inspiration for these short comments on the nature of teaching by q and a (catechism). The q&a I suggest for the Lord’s Supper is: “Q. What do you mean by this service? A. It is the Lord’s Supper. We proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes as often as we eat this bread and drink the cup in remembrance of Him.” This answer does not address what all God does in and through this sacrament (which is not the question posed), just that we are proclaiming our faith in this Jesus by participating in this meal.
- For Everything There Is a Season (Ecclesiastes 3) April 15, 2018
- Webinar to Equip Your Church to Start a Life Team April 13, 2018
- The Road of Doubt & Disillusionment (Luke 24:13-35) April 8, 2018
- Helping Others Find the Kingdom of God (Luke 23:50-24:12) April 1, 2018
- A Passover Supper to Remember March 29, 2018