Deuteronomy 6:10-15 and Matthew 4:8-11 tell us, “You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve.” This is a temptation with international and even cosmic consequences. And it is resumed in Matt 16:21-26. The temptation is to skip the cross for a crown. The question is whether we are seeking crowns like power and money or are we taking up our cross — are we worshiping and serving God alone.
- A Lampstand of Life (Numbers 8:1-4) August 12, 2018
- The Gospel & Giving Generously (Numbers 7) August 5, 2018
- True Blessing (Numbers 6:22-27) July 29, 2018
- The Nazirite Vow: Holiness & Israel (Numbers 6:1-21) July 22, 2018
- Forgive Us Our Transgressions & Unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:5-31) July 15, 2018