In Genesis 12:1-9 (cf. Hebrews 11:8) Abram (later called Abraham) goes on a great outdoors adventure because of his faith in the living God. Going with God is going on a real adventure unlike if you gowithgoat.com. This adventure with God is not safe and you will not know where you are going before you get there. This passage, like most of Scripture, is more like a Tom Clancy novel of action and adventure than it is like chick-lit. Abram left not knowing where he was going and when Abram arrived in the land, there were Canaanites living there. The Canaanites were wild and dangerous men. But by faith Abram went around and put up property markers for the living God as he built altars. So where is your sense of adventure in your faith?
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020