1 Cor 11:17-34 tells us one major way that the Lord’s Supper is different from other meals. It tells us the problems at Corinth regarding the Lord’s Supper before and after the central piece — the Christian tradition regarding the order of worship for the Lord’s Supper. They were coming together and eating their own meals. The Lord’s Supper is not just another social gathering and certainly not a Greek drinking party. But because they went about eating their own meals and like any other party they were worse off for going to church than if they stayed home. Now the answer was not to stay home, it was for them to celebrate the meal in a worthy manner. Be warned — this message may encourage you to eat.
- Feeding on His Flesh & Drinking His Blood (Luke 22:14-23, John 6:22-59, and 1 Cor 11:23-26) October 3, 2021
- Spirit-Filled Home (Ephesians 5:15-6:9) August 15, 2021
- Gone Fishing (John 21:1-14) July 11, 2021
- July 4, 2021: With Great Liberty (Romans 15:1-6) July 4, 2021
- Great Thanksgiving Prayer Based on Romans July 4, 2021