Ephesians 3 says that Paul has a reason for preaching that you (those who believe) have the Spirit and praying that you would be filled with the Spirit. The reason for doing so is found in the previous section of Ephesians: that Christ is our peace, has made peace between us and God and between Jews and Gentiles, and has preached peace through the apostles. That you have the Spirit is the content of much of my preaching and that you would be filled with the Spirit is the content of much of my praying. My purpose in preaching Ephesians first is that it is all about the church and it briefly hits on most of the major themes of faithful preaching and prayer.
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020