James 3 (along with Matthew 5:9 and 12:33-37) show us the greatness of the tongue. It is a spark that can set a forest on fire. Some people enjoy setting fires (pyromaniacs). Some people are not consistent — bearing olives and figs at the same time, blessing God and setting fires with the same mouth. And yet others will see a harvest of righteousness from their words that will give them assurance of faith. If we could just get the tongue under control, we could exercise self-control over the whole body. But what is impossible for us is possible for God.
- Gone Fishing (John 21:1-14) July 11, 2021
- July 4, 2021: With Great Liberty (Romans 15:1-6) July 4, 2021
- Great Thanksgiving Prayer Based on Romans July 4, 2021
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021