James 3 (along with Matthew 5:9 and 12:33-37) show us the greatness of the tongue. It is a spark that can set a forest on fire. Some people enjoy setting fires (pyromaniacs). Some people are not consistent — bearing olives and figs at the same time, blessing God and setting fires with the same mouth. And yet others will see a harvest of righteousness from their words that will give them assurance of faith. If we could just get the tongue under control, we could exercise self-control over the whole body. But what is impossible for us is possible for God.
- The Living Water and the Holy Spirit November 10, 2019
- Blood and Water November 3, 2019
- Genesis 1 & the PCA: A Reply to Bill Peacock November 1, 2019
- Now the Glory-Temple Finds Us October 28, 2019
- The Shaking of the Anglican Establishment in Colonial Virginia October 18, 2019