Matthew 15:1-16:12 shows us how Jesus’ teaching is the exact opposite of the Pharisees’ teaching. Jesus fulfills the word/law of God. The Pharisees make void the word of God because they have elevated the tradition of the elders to the same level as the word of God. Jesus seeks change from the inside out — from the heart to the mouth. The Pharisees are concerned with outward conformity — ceremonial washings. Jesus can interpret the signs of the times (his miracles). The Pharisees can interpret the signs of the sky for the weather. The danger is that the Pharisees’ teachings if they get a foothold in the church would spread to the whole like leaven works in dough. And this is easy to fall into since we often respond to Pharisees by becoming Pharisees.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020