Ezekiel 36:16-38 shows that God will act for the people of Israel not because of the people but because of His concern for His own name and reputation. After looking at the catechisms on the ninth commandment and mentioning current events (Jon & Kate Plus Eight), we looked at three ways this text comforts the people without causing us to think too highly of ourselves. The first way was by looking at the contrast between your character and God’s character — knowing yourself apart from the grace of God, knowing yourself in Christ, and knowing God. Secondly, in how the text points us to the death and resurrection of Christ. And third primarily looking at the giving of the Spirit on Pentecost. All three points provide comfort without being puffed up with conceit.
- The Shaking of the Anglican Establishment in Colonial Virginia October 18, 2019
- The Shaken Ecclesiastical Establishment Crumbles: The Church-State Debate in Virginia’s Frontier October 17, 2019
- Living in the Fiery Furnace (Daniel 3) October 17, 2019
- Proposed Chiasm of Daniel 3 October 1, 2019
- Summer Sermons October 1, 2019