Ephesians 1:1-14 models passing the peace (1:2) and a prayer of adoration (1:3-14). Thus I reflected upon worship and how prayer is an essential element of worship and the passing of the peace is appropriate too. All worship is according to the pattern revealed in the word of God just as all prayer should be according to the pattern revealed in the word of God. The model and summary of right prayer is the Lord’s Prayer and expanding on its first three petitions we have here a model prayer of adoration. It is a prayer blessing the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ because of election and adoption in Christ, redemption and reconciliation in Christ, and for the assurance of our inheritance. God tells us these things not only to give His people assurance but also so that all of the glory would go to Him alone.
- There is No Such Thing as Unplanned April 8, 2019
- Race for the Cure (Hebrews 12:1-13) March 3, 2019
- A Burial Ground (Genesis 23) February 17, 2019
- Child Sacrifice & The Sacrifice of Isaac (Genesis 22) February 10, 2019
- Fallen and Can’t Get Up? (Romans 11:11-36) February 3, 2019
RevMarple Twitter Feed