The earliest manuscripts we have of Mark end with this passage of Mark 15:40-16:8. But this is no way to end the story: “The women went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid” (16:8). And so we have to supply the end of the story. We know that the women eventually took courage and shared the good news because we have this story. The question is how are we going to end it, are we going to take courage and tell people the good news or are we going to say nothing to anyone because we are afraid.
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020
- Be Prepared (Matthew 25:1-13) November 8, 2020
- Worst Week Ever (Matthew 4:23-5:12) November 1, 2020
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020