Luke 1:39-56 is the inspiration for these reflections on the blessed Mary. She was a worthy wife for Joseph, made worthy by God through faith in His word. We do not elevate her to a status of divinity or even some sort of mediator role. But we call her blessed and imitate her faith. The idea of the worthy wife arises from the poem ending Proverbs and from Ruth 3:11. Mary, like Ruth and the Worthy Wife of Proverbs, is characterized by the fear of God (we call faith).
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020