Luke 1:39-56 is the inspiration for these reflections on the blessed Mary. She was a worthy wife for Joseph, made worthy by God through faith in His word. We do not elevate her to a status of divinity or even some sort of mediator role. But we call her blessed and imitate her faith. The idea of the worthy wife arises from the poem ending Proverbs and from Ruth 3:11. Mary, like Ruth and the Worthy Wife of Proverbs, is characterized by the fear of God (we call faith).
- Furthering the Framework Hypothesis: A Kingdom Prologue October 25, 2021
- The Latter Days of Job the Suffering Servant (Job 48) October 24, 2021
- Feeding on His Flesh & Drinking His Blood (Luke 22:14-23, John 6:22-59, and 1 Cor 11:23-26) October 3, 2021
- Spirit-Filled Home (Ephesians 5:15-6:9) August 15, 2021
- Gone Fishing (John 21:1-14) July 11, 2021