Ruth 3 is a midnight madness situation. Naomi told Ruth to do something that was more than just very risky but downright dangerous. The passage has all kinds of sexual overtones so that we will not miss how messy this could have been. But thankfully because Ruth was a worthy woman and Boaz a righteous man they acted right in the middle of this mess. The passage does teach us something about dating and about dating the church. Most importantly it shows us Boaz taking an oath that he will redeem Ruth if others will not step up. Christ took an oath to redeem you His bride and He has done it.
- The Living Water and the Holy Spirit November 10, 2019
- Blood and Water November 3, 2019
- Genesis 1 & the PCA: A Reply to Bill Peacock November 1, 2019
- Now the Glory-Temple Finds Us October 28, 2019
- The Shaking of the Anglican Establishment in Colonial Virginia October 18, 2019