Ephesians 2:1-10 and Deuteronomy 7:1-8 both show the theme of election in Christ for good works. Deuteronomy points to the final judgment ahead of time. Thus the message began with a model sharing the law to drive people to Christ because we all need to be ready to jump at the final judgment. This is one way we can find those that God loves but are not yet a part of the church. Indeed spreading the good news is a natural reaction to Paul’s words reminding us of the way things were, moving us with the riches of God’s mercy and grace, and sending us to do good works that God prepared beforehand for us.
- There is No Such Thing as Unplanned April 8, 2019
- Race for the Cure (Hebrews 12:1-13) March 3, 2019
- A Burial Ground (Genesis 23) February 17, 2019
- Child Sacrifice & The Sacrifice of Isaac (Genesis 22) February 10, 2019
- Fallen and Can’t Get Up? (Romans 11:11-36) February 3, 2019
RevMarple Twitter Feed