Luke 23:50-24:12 tells us about the burial of Jesus and the women and Peter unable to find Jesus at the tomb on the first day of the week. Luke’s Gospel does not tell us the facts in the form of a creed but in a way to show us how to find the kingdom of God. Joseph of Arimathea was searching for the kingdom of God and honored Jesus with a proper burial. God indeed honored this Joseph making him a member in the early church. The women went looking for Jesus to honor Him, which is the same thing as seeking the kingdom of God, but they went looking in the wrong place, and yet Jesus sent angels to show them the right place to find Him. Peter went to verify the story of the women and he would later be honored as the first of the eleven to see the risen Jesus. Are you seeking the kingdom of God? Are you looking for Jesus? Where can you find Him?
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020