James 2 (also read Matthew 5:7 and 5:17-20) is fairly difficult to apply in a Presbyterian church. After all, most Presbyterians assume that the seats in the back pew are the seats of honor. In any case, this message encourages sharing the gospel with the poor in word and deed as signs of genuine faith. The two major themes are partiality and works.
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020