Isaiah 56:9-57:13 compares the watchmen or elders or shepherds of Israel to sleeping dogs — thus I combined the metaphors of shepherding and sleeping dogs to say that they are sleeping sheep dogs. Most of the examples of their failures as sheepdogs has to do with the Spiritual condition of the people. The people were worshiping rocks and trees, engaging in ritual prostitution, and sacrificing their children. The watchmen should be sounding the alarm about coming danger for such evils, but they are silent and sleeping. We have modern versions of these sins and modern elders need to sound the alarm — to tell the bad news that your sins deserve the wrath of God but also the good news that Jesus has taken God’s wrath for those who take refuge in Him.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020