This season of Advent we are going to explore the wisdom of Christmas. By this, I do not mean the way that the world celebrates Christmas. A case in point of the folly of the world’s wisdom concerning Christmas would be Clark Griswold in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. But instead of looking at all that is wrong with the way that our culture celebrates Christmas, we will look at the positive examples of humility given in the Scriptures. I will start with John the Baptist, continue with his mother Elizabeth, and then Mary, and then reach the perfect example in Jesus. Each of the first three characters show us something of what it means to celebrate Christmas wisely. And the beginning of wisdom is humility. After all, the beginning of Christ in the flesh was humility. Today’s passages showing us these things are Luke 1:39-56 and Philippians 2:1-11.
- Furthering the Framework Hypothesis: A Kingdom Prologue October 25, 2021
- The Latter Days of Job the Suffering Servant (Job 48) October 24, 2021
- Feeding on His Flesh & Drinking His Blood (Luke 22:14-23, John 6:22-59, and 1 Cor 11:23-26) October 3, 2021
- Spirit-Filled Home (Ephesians 5:15-6:9) August 15, 2021
- Gone Fishing (John 21:1-14) July 11, 2021