Joshua 23 repeats the same lesson as the rest of the book with a twist: instead of stressing serving the Lord your God with all of your heart and soul it stresses NOT serving other gods. We approached the book looking to be encouraged to evangelize others, but the book tells us to start with our own hearts and souls and walk. Regarding that walk the emphasis of Joshua 23 is on not mixing with the nations so that you cannot tell them apart. This is a lesson that still very much applies to you through the cross. The reasons the text gives to encourage you to avoid getting caught up in the ways of the world are that the LORD fights for you and that not one word of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you have failed.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020