Isaiah 7:10-25 explains the sign that the Lord Himself gave to us: “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel. He shall eat curds and honey when he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good.” The second half of the sign explains the timing — as there are other things that will take place before this sign will be fulfilled (namely, the exile of Syria and Ephraim, the Assyrians attacking Judah, the Babylonians attacking Judah and taking the people into exile, another power later ruling over the region). It would be fulfilled hundreds of years after the time when Isaiah spoke. A young unmarried virgin will conceive and bear a son who is God with us. That is the promise that the sign is to confirm — God is with us. May that be our assurance whenever we might think that God has gone into exile from us.
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020
- Be Prepared (Matthew 25:1-13) November 8, 2020
- Worst Week Ever (Matthew 4:23-5:12) November 1, 2020
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020