Luke 1:5-25 tells us about the coming conception and birth of the other miracle baby — John the Baptist. The story opens telling us that Elizabeth, a righteous woman, was barren and it ends with her pregnant. Her son would be the new Moses, the new Elijah, who came to prepare the way for Jesus the Christ Himself. Her son was an answer to prayer and the cause of rejoicing for many. The telling of these things is the beginning of the good news in the gospel of Luke. And we are not to be mute like Zechariah was because of his unbelief. We are to share the good news about these little babies — even the good news about John the Baptist who as an unborn child would even then point people to Jesus. This is why these events matter to us even today — they point us to Jesus.
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020
- Be Prepared (Matthew 25:1-13) November 8, 2020
- Worst Week Ever (Matthew 4:23-5:12) November 1, 2020
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020