Matthew 19:1-12 includes the two trick questions the Pharisees ask Jesus about divorce. These are trick questions because they want Jesus to denounce the marriage of Herod and Herodias. Instead, Jesus challenged the Pharisees who interpreted the law in order to empty it of all meaning and replace it with their own commandments and traditions. The Pharisees, like you, need Jesus. Christ was single (a figurative eunuch for the sake of the kingdom) during this life because the resurrection began His wedding feast. Jesus sent the Spirit to purify you, the church, as His spotless bride. Now we can begin to discuss marriage, divorce, and singleness.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020