James 1 (like selections from Matthew 7) tells us that believers should ask God for wisdom, believers should hear and do the word of God, and that not all who claim faith have it. James, in particular, tells us that we can deceive ourselves concerning God’s character and promises (especially under trial when we might accuse God of tempting us), by hearing and not doing the word, and with worthless religion rather than religion that is pure and undefiled before God (i.e. visiting orphans and widows). May these warnings encourage your growth in the grace of God.
- The Living Water and the Holy Spirit November 10, 2019
- Blood and Water November 3, 2019
- Genesis 1 & the PCA: A Reply to Bill Peacock November 1, 2019
- Now the Glory-Temple Finds Us October 28, 2019
- The Shaking of the Anglican Establishment in Colonial Virginia October 18, 2019