1 Corinthians 2:6-3:4 is about unity in the Spirit. I approached this text by observing that there are three kinds of food that may be in our diet. The first kind is junk food. It is “the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age” and leaves one unsatisfied. But whenever Christians are being fed Christ crucified and are going hungry it is either because they are being fed solid food and throwing it up or infant’s milk when they need more. We need to mature to the solid food and get the junk food out of our diet. This will allow us to reflect deeply on verses like 1 Cor 1:31. But those who throw up solid food do so because they are still eating too much junk food and can only stomach a little milk. We know this was the case at Corinth because of the jealousy and strife in their congregation. Let us crave the body and blood of Christ and hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020