In the previous section, the text called upon God to wake up and act like He did with the Exodus event; in Isaiah 51:17-52:12, God calls upon Jerusalem to wake yourself (Isaiah 51:17) and to wake up and get dressed (Isaiah 52:1). So which is it? For us who believe the answer is that we need to wake ourselves. God has already done the great second Exodus of the death and resurrection of Jesus and God has applied that to us by His Spirit, so now we need to act. To be sure, it is the Spirit of God working through us, but that is no excuse for sitting around and waiting for God to act because He already has. Get on and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020