Ecclesiastes 2:17-26 and Romans 8:18-25 show us that we are right to think that life is frustrating, meaningless, purposeless, pointless, or vanity — a striving after wind. At least, we are right when looking at things “under the sun” rather than “in the Son.” This message points people in transition (like the graduates we are rejoicing with today). We go about gathering things (possessions and proverbs, things and knowledge) but death forces us to pass those things to others. The way Jesus transforms this gives purpose to all that we do. Thanks be to God.
- God Justifies the Ungodly (Genesis 11:27-12:9, Romans 3:27-4:25) March 12, 2020
- Christmas Isn’t Over Yet (Matthew 2:1-12) December 29, 2019
- The Living Water and the Holy Spirit November 10, 2019
- Blood and Water November 3, 2019
- Genesis 1 & the PCA: A Reply to Bill Peacock November 1, 2019