Ecclesiastes 2:17-26 and Romans 8:18-25 show us that we are right to think that life is frustrating, meaningless, purposeless, pointless, or vanity — a striving after wind. At least, we are right when looking at things “under the sun” rather than “in the Son.” This message points people in transition (like the graduates we are rejoicing with today). We go about gathering things (possessions and proverbs, things and knowledge) but death forces us to pass those things to others. The way Jesus transforms this gives purpose to all that we do. Thanks be to God.
- The Seventh Word: “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit” (Luke 23:46) April 2, 2021
- A Fish Story (Jonah 3, Luke 11:29-32) February 21, 2021
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020