Ecclesiastes 2:17-26 and Romans 8:18-25 show us that we are right to think that life is frustrating, meaningless, purposeless, pointless, or vanity — a striving after wind. At least, we are right when looking at things “under the sun” rather than “in the Son.” This message points people in transition (like the graduates we are rejoicing with today). We go about gathering things (possessions and proverbs, things and knowledge) but death forces us to pass those things to others. The way Jesus transforms this gives purpose to all that we do. Thanks be to God.
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020
- Be Prepared (Matthew 25:1-13) November 8, 2020
- Worst Week Ever (Matthew 4:23-5:12) November 1, 2020
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020