Mark 14:1-11 tells us about the woman who anointed Jesus with very expensive ointment after breaking a very expensive jar. She was the only one who was able to anoint His body for burial, the women who went to the tomb to do so on the third day found it empty. But at the time the disciples asked, “Why the waste?” or “Why this destruction?” This is a good stewardship question. Whenever we talk about money there is a fine line between being thrifty and being stingy. But these questions are better asked of His death. Just as she broke the flask, His body would be destroyed, and just as she poured out the ointment, His blood would be poured out. The price of Jesus’ blood was very extremely expensive but it was worth it.
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020
- Be Prepared (Matthew 25:1-13) November 8, 2020
- Worst Week Ever (Matthew 4:23-5:12) November 1, 2020
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020