No doubt you have heard the criticism that some people are so heavenly-minded that they are of no earthly good. Of course, Scripture makes it clear that if we are heavenly-minded in the right way then we will be of great earthly good. Paul even tells us to set our minds on things above (i.e. be heavenly-minded), not on things that are on the earth. But there is a way to be heavenly-minded — that is, to be just gazing into heaven — that if we do so we will be of no earthly good. We find this in Acts 1:1-11 where the apostles were just standing there gazing into heaven. And as I unpack these verses for you, you will see that this is actually a very common tendency among Christians.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020