Luke 2:1-21 shows us the story of Jesus’ birth. Christmas is meant to remind us of HIS-story. We commemorate His birth, we reflect on its meaning for our lives, and we receive grace from God to share this good news. We can continue storing away treasures on earth and giving gifts to those who love us (even unbelievers give to those they love) on Christmas or we can treasure up the word of God and ponder it in our hearts and be filled with joy at the good news. There are two illustrations preparing you to reflect on the theme of gift giving/receiving — first the Christmas Price Index for 2010 and then the building of a castle in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.
- The Living Water and the Holy Spirit November 10, 2019
- Blood and Water November 3, 2019
- Genesis 1 & the PCA: A Reply to Bill Peacock November 1, 2019
- Now the Glory-Temple Finds Us October 28, 2019
- The Shaking of the Anglican Establishment in Colonial Virginia October 18, 2019