No doubt you are familiar with the lyrics of Santa Claus is coming to town. Apparently it was an instant hit after being sung on the radio for the first time in November 1934 and many artists have done their own recordings of it over the years. We are told to watch out, not cry, and not pout because Santa Claus is coming to town. We are told that he is making a list and checking it twice and will find out who is naughty and nice. We are told that he sees us when we are sleeping and knows when we are awake. Why we are told that he know if we have been bad or good. Yes the song implores us to be good for goodness sake but the overall message is that we need to be good because Santa Claus is coming to town. Far more important to us as Christians gathered together on Christmas morning is that Jesus Christ came to a town once in Judea that was not ready for Him and He is coming again. Thus we will reflect on 2 Peter 3:1-13 in this light. Hopefully you will be able to hear Arwen as she unexpectedly interacted with me on this sermon.
- An Alternative Advent Annoucement: Bouncing Baby Boy Born (Luke 1:57-80) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent Joy (Luke 1:39-56) December 13, 2020
- An Alternative Advent (Luke 1:5-25) December 13, 2020
- Overcoming Spiritual Sluggishness (Revelation 3:1-6) November 22, 2020
- Return on Investment (Matthew 25:14-30) November 15, 2020